Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Celine goes to brunch

my photos


I picked up this little guy on my last trip to Paris, ostensibly for my 21st, but mostly because it is oh so beautiful. The tri-pochette first entered my head as a viable alternative to the two-tone pochette when I saw Phoebe Philo carrying one at the CFDA awards, strap tucked inside, like it ain't no thang. She looked so fabulous and I loved the way each pouch puffed out. This wine-coloured piece is so rich and sumptuous in real life, the perfect foil to navy blue (surely the it colour combination this season if the acne collection is anything to go by!). Celine's first foray into the world was last Friday, where she had dinner at Mamak, drinks at Ravesis, and then dirty dancing at White Revolver (predictably it all went downhill from there). Today I was laughing with my friend about the fact that "Celine does not go to White Revolver". Celine goes to Brunch. And Celine drinks dirty martinis at the Commons. Celine enjoys red wine and mushroom pizza at Love Supreme, and dried fig and cinnamon toasted granola from Room 10. Celine shops at blood orange and wears Frederic Malle Edition Parfum Lipstick Rose. Celine takes long lunches. Celine does not catch buses. Celine does not have chipped nail polish. Celine drinks really strong coffee. Celine only buys groceries at Thomas Dux... Expect a bit of a jokey post on this, complete with pictures of Celine doing said activities some time in the future. Celine always keeps her promises!

X

ps this is my 1000th post. I wanted to share something really special with you guys and this is truly something special. Thanks for reading and sharing it with me. I mean it more than I can say.

18 comments:

Clairedontcare said...

this is the most beauitful thing i have ever seen. Happy 21
Thank you for writing for us this was a great 1000 post

Snob fashion said...

WOW. Fantastic blog. keep up the good work. Thanks for visiting Snob :) xxx make sure you follow us to keep up-to-date
Here xxxx

ritournelleblog said...

What better than a gorgeous CĂ©line treat to celebrate your 1,000th post? Congratulations, it's amazing!

Melissa O said...

Ahh this is absolutely stunning. I am so envious!

Congratulations on your 1000th post :) I've thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog and look forward to all your future posts!

Mel x

Anonymous said...

congratulations on a beautiful blog AND excellent taste in bags! the celine is gorgeous xxx

Joy said...

Wonderful investment! Gorgeous colour. It seems like onl yesterday that you announced that your 600th post. You're so productive!

Ammu said...

It is gorgeous. Utterly beautiful. A belated happy birthday to you and congratulations on the 1000th post :)

Mirjana said...

Let there be at least a thousand more! Great piece of writing, as usual :-)

i want what she's wearing said...

OMG HANNAH IT IS BEAUTIFUL WHY HAVE I NOT SEEN THIS YET?!!!! We need to catch up. THis little number needs to be introduced to me.

lin said...

Happy birthday, happy 1,000th post, and gosh, what a beautiful colour. If only I could find a Chanel re-issue in that colour, haha. I say bring Celine everywhere, she's perfect for any occasion.

Ginta said...

How absolutely perfect and beautiful is the bag!
And congratulations on your 1000th post! ;)

Amie J said...

ahhhhhhh i want! so pretty hannah! congrats on the 1000th post! love amie x

little shadow said...

Congratulations on the 1000th post! Its so great to see the high standard of your posts hasn't changed, and I'm so glad I've had the privilege of reading them.
I can't wait to see what you come up with next!
x

Anonymous said...

hello hannah ! congratulations on your 1000th post ! ;-)
i'm a reader from singapore & was surprised to visit your blog & to read this post ! i just came back from paris last week and i saw this tri-pochette in store. i REALLY REALLY liked the navy blue tri-pochette and was quite set on getting it, but then my friends were saying it's too expensive (around 900+ singapore dollars after conversion), plus it's a tiny bag that won't fit in much & from some 'unknown label' (well, these are girls that buy chanel, LV, gucci... and never celine !!).
however, it's a pretty little thing, is it not !!
i'll be returning to paris in a week's time & seeing this post of yours makes me rethink about buying this !! *rationality out of the window* :-p
~~ H.

Emily said...

A little late commenting here, but oh my miss Hannah you crack me up. Can't wait to see Celine's adventures!!
much love xx

Lindsay K said...

Happy 1000th post:) Congrats! Love the new Celine. That color is absolutely stunning. I love, love love it. Wear it in good health:)

hannah-rose said...

Thank you everyone. Really. So much. :)

X

Kat said...

Wowza! Love it! Happy very-belated birthday too! x